Saturday, August 20, 2011

Updates, Reflections, and more Shipping Anxiety,

The past week has been really fast as far as posting and new projects go for me. Even though I'm struggling quite a bit, I'm trying to start making videos for my youtube channel and while the first video is really bad (no seriously, don't watch it) I think it was a good learning experience. I never knew how much goes into making tutorials and things, and I was surprised at how hard it was for me to talk into a camera. 


Anyway, I've also been thinking about really trying to commit to gyaru. I am realizing how much better my makeup skills are, and I've always admired girls who put that kind of effort into their appearance everyday. I think that even the girls who are just learning are amazing and I would love to be a part of that. However, I have noticed that a lot of girls in "The Gyaru Community" have ugly, vicious personalities and I don't want to be subject to that or be associated with it. I don't know, I think that the good outweighs the bad, but it's going to be a big decision for me. I think in the end I'll do it because I'm not really fond of letting things like racism or jealousy get to me.


That being said, I was given a cash gift recently and have purchased things that I've been craving since I started lurking in the gyaru community. I'm hoping to get them within a week. I'll review them when they arrive, but for now I just want to share my excitement!

The first things I bought were some nice cheap things from E.L.F. I've gotten products from them and despite being so inexpensive the quality has always been good.

The first thing I bought was bright pink blush. It was only a dollar and I've seen excellent reviews, so I snatched it up as fast as possible!
The next thing I bought was this Tone Correcting Powder Compact. I've been wanting a pressed powder to carry in my (new!) purse, but I also wanted one that had some sort of tint. This seemed perfect, and it was $3!

Eyebrow Stencils! I'm getting better at doing my own eyebrows but I still manage to majorly screw it up sometimes.  I'd rather pay $1 for stencils than pay $8 twice a month for professional waxing.

I have been in dire need of this. Right now I use a cute little portable brush to powder my entire face. Again, only $1! 


Again, I have been using my tiny portable brush for blush. The bristles are too far apart so sometimes it makes me blush look streaky. $1!


I'm really excited for these things to arrive, and I think that anyone who hasn't checked out E.L.F. should. Honestly, a lot of my favorite products are from inexpensive companies and I think people sometimes let the price tag tell them the quality of things before really taking a good look!

I also made a very hasty purchase that I am not at all regretting. I am extremely pleased with my Princess Mimi lenses and as soon as my money hit my bank account I knew that $18 of it would soon belong to Fobby Barbie. I ordered another set of Princess Mimi lenses but this time in apple green. I've seen a lot of black gals wearing green lenses and I decided that green as opposed to grey would suit me better. I've also just always loved green eyes. They look good against every skin tone and are just really rich and beautiful looking.


I feel a little intimidated but ever since I found out about gal I've wanted to be a part of it, and I feel like I have the ability. I hope I can find the audacity like so many other girls have.

2 comments:

  1. The Western gyaru community is so freaking vicious man! But I guess that's life. I don't even really bother with that anymore. Don't you realize that the best Western gyarus don't even bother with that (Sushi-Cat, ChaiGyaru, Cheeserland and Xiaxue?) I honestly think that nobody can really tell you how to do gyaru but you. Any outfit can look gyaru with the right tweeks here and there. But hey, it took me a year to actually start trying the make-up and buying lenses. Good look to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't think I'll be so active on livejournal and stuff either, it just gets irritating. I really appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete