Thursday, September 1, 2011

E.L.F. Blush and Compact Review.



I have to start out this post by saying that I am very displeased with E.L.F. when it comes to shipping. I think that the only reason they can get by with such low prices is that they hike up the price of shipping a ton. I paid a total of $10.95, I had a coupon for 50% so the already inexpensive things I bought only came to about 4 dollars and then I paid $7.00 for standard shipping. This wouldn't be incredible insane except for the fact that their warehouse is in the country and my order took a week to get to me. If you need items fast, this is not the place to order from. Next day shipping is over $60!
I guess it's not so terrible, because I did only pay around eleven dollars for 5 items that I really wanted. I bought a brush/bronzing brush, a total face brush, their natural radiance blusher, the tone correcting powder compact, and eyebrow stencils.



I'll start with the blush, it's the only thing that really needs an extensive "review". This blush is very bright, brighter than a picture could every show you. It's very pink but still manages to have a deep color as opposed to a neon one. I first saw this in Seventeen several years ago as a recommendation for girls with dark skin. They were right! It's not only very pigmented but it's also very flattering. I think that most people would look really good wearing this blush and for $1 it's worth the price. My only complaint is that it can look a little streaky without a good base, but otherwise it's great.

Nothing but the blush.

Just a little streaky on my dry hand.


The powder is amazing. It's huge and does exactly what the website says it does.


It has four colors that balance out discoloration and strong undertones in the skin, making it look even and flawless. It also absorbs oil really well, and makes liquid foundation matte which is pretty much the point of having a compact like this. I've been carrying this in my purse and it's so nice not to worry about my makeup sliding off.

The brushes I bought are pretty basic, but good enough. They're really soft and the only complaint I have is that they shed a lot. Again, they were both a dollar, 50 cents with my coupon, so they were worth it.

Overall I think that E.L.F. has great products, but you have to decide if the shipping and a few things here and  there are worth the still likely to be lower price. I think that I will continue ordering from them, but I will never buy less than three or four products at a time because of the shipping costs.

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it. Look for outfit, hair, and school posts in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment