Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Final Verdict on Generic eBay Lashes.



Ebay Eyelashes seem like an amazing deal if you have a tight makeup budget. You can get as many as 100 pairs at a time and stay well under $20. Of course they aren't the best quality, but it's good to try out cheaper products to see if the added cost is worth it.

The first pair of lashes I bought was from a little asian dollar store that I found while walking around town. They were long and flared and I was surprised at how easy they were to put on, especially because I bought the glue there too. I assumed this meant that all eyelashes were easy to put on despite quality, but I was wrong.

The eyelashes that you can purchase on ebay in cardboard boxes of ten are very low quality. There are many different designs, but most of them are about the same in varying lengths and the band on the strips are very thick and stiff. I ordered six different styles, (3 natural, three dramatic) and out of them all I really only had much luck with the spikey "voluminous" lashes. The rest of them, more so the natural ones, peeled at the edges within a few minutes no matter what glue I used or how I used it. 

I don't like how they come a bit smashed and need to be reshaped.

In all I think that the spikey lashes are the only ones worth it, they are very cute and look very gal. The shape of them also allows them to stay on much better and they are easy to wear. I will probably purchase them again but the others are definitely not worth it, even for $1.50 a package.

I'm trying a different brand with my next buy and I'm hoping for the quality to be improved. I am however staying with the spiked design and I will review the ones I decide on as soon as I get them. I don't think I will be buying any dolly winks or diamond lashes anytime soon. I just can't bring myself to pay that much right now.



Thanks for reading! I appreciate it ♥

3 comments:

  1. this link might be helpful (:
    it shows other brands of lashes that are cheaper, but give almost the same effect as the Dolly Wink ones.

    http://www.ricoche.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15449

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete