Sunday, July 29, 2012

Daiso Therapy.


Hello, you guys. I'm sorry about the giant gap between posts, I know I apologize to much for this, but hopefully I will be able to get in some regular posting through the rest of this year.

Anyway, I've been a little down lately. I had a really stressful last week of term and ended up eating so much that I gained around 7lbs/3kg. It made me really upset and I kept eating, but after a lot of emotional work I'm back on track and determined to finish. I plan to be around 135lbs/61kg by the end of August.

To help me lose weight I decided to get some smaller bowls and things to eat out of. This is a tactic I've always used, but the bowls I had were still a little big and quite honestly, if I get something cute I'm much more likely to use it. So I bought a few things.

Little soup bowls! 
Aren't they cute? They're meant for miso soup (which I do enjoy from time to time) but I'm going to eat all of my meals out of them at home to regulate my portions better. The panda one says "I eat a lot" lol. I also got one more thing for my diet.

A smaller bento box!
It's meant for kids, but I was having some anxiety about eating lunch at work and stopped taking a lunch at all. I know I need to eat to keep up my metabolism, and I figured a smaller bento would ease my worries about eating/packing too much a bit. Oh, just so no one is confused, "work" is my unpaid externship (internship). I work in a little production kitchen mixing doughs, making croissants and buns, and filling macarons! I love it but it's very tiring.


The last thing I got isn't food related, but I need it desperately. I am a messy, gross, person. I have a very hard time keeping track of where things are and it drives me crazy. I've been going to get new lashes from daiso really often because I always take mine off and forget where I put them. To remedy this problem I bought this little cutie.

                            
I already put two pairs of my lashes, a pair of accents, my bottom lashes, and my glue in.
                            
It's really great because the little dividers slide out, so you can expand the sections to fit larger objects. I did it for my glue and I think I'll put in my curler and tweezer tool as well.

It was a pretty productive day, the original reason I had to leave the house was to get my hair relaxed and cut. Since I've been a little depressed and very stressed my hair has suffered from terrible damage due to neglect and just the physical effect of stress (my skin looks like hell too). It broke off only in the back, like it always does because I sleep on my back apparently, and there was very little I could do to save it so I just ran with it.
It's really short, but I like it.
I think it will look good with my gyaru makeup. It's really short in the back (couldn't get a good picture), and really angled. I also bought some new hair products to keep my hair healthy this time and I'm committing to growing this style out so it can become really dramatic. Do you guys like my shirt, btw? I bought it when I was like 13 and thought it was super cool, but I realized it was kinda lame and cut it off the shoulder yesterday to play up how dated it is hahaha.

This coming Friday is my two-year anniversary with Zach, so I'm going to do a really packed post about that right after. We're going to a really nice place for dinner, and I have a brand new dress so I'll do some fun foodie stuff and an OOTD and FOTD. I'm really excited, we've been through a lot recently but still going strong.

Anyway, sorry for the wait between posts, and I hope everyone has been well. As a token of my gratitude for your patience here's a fun picture.

MY FINAL!

I am so proud of this. It was not a group project, the chef instructors did not have to make any pieces for me, I did not trade pieces with anyone. I did this. It was incredibly delicate so I didn't bother trying to get it home, but man did I take a lot of pictures. I did cute colors but it turned out pretty elegant as well, right?

Ok, that's it for now. I'll have another post for you guys really soon, I promise. Thank you so much for sticking with this blog. I really really appreciate it.

Thank you for reading ♥

2 comments:

  1. I have the same bowls, are they microwavable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, mine had little stickers on the bottom saying they can't be microwaved. They can go through the dishwasher and be filled with hot water, though.

    ReplyDelete